2017 VIP Guests
Anchorage RunFest is thrilled to welcome Jeff Galloway back for his eighth year in 2017. Traditionally, Jeff participates in early morning runs, runs the Galloway Running School on Saturday, and speaks at our Saturday Pasta Feed.
Many runners are familiar with Jeff via his doable running plans which have opened up the life-changing experience of finishing a distance event to almost everyone. His methods have reduced aches, pains and injuries to almost zero. Jeff is in front of an audience motivating and teaching over 200 times a year–helping those of all abilities to enjoy exercise until they are 100! Below are a few more facts garnered from Jeff's website:
- US Olympian, 1972, 10,000 meters
- Trained with Steve Prefontaine, Frank Shorter, Bill Rodgers, Amby Burfoot
- Runner’s World monthly columnist
- Official Training Consultant for runDisney series of races
- Founder of the Run Walk Run method
- Jeff has run for over 50 years, over thirty of those without injury.
Copies of Jeff's book, Galloway's Book on Running, were available at our Expo for purchase. If you would like to order any of Jeff's books online you may do so here.