Race Day Amenities and Support
These were the prerace activities in 2016. 2017 activities will be posted later.
- 7:00 AM - Town Square: United Physical Therapy will begin free taping for runners
- 7:30 AM - Town Square: Yoga by Divine Intervention Design: Get your mind and body ready for your run with this fun, upbeat and encouraging session that Cazoshay Ward has customized specifically for Anchorage RunFest to enhance your performance and prepare your body for a fun, safe run!
All aid stations, with the exception of the 49K first turnaround, will have water and Gatorade®. Water only will be provided at that station. The event does not provide food at any of the aid stations, however. This is a "BYOG" event, so be sure to pack some Gu (or another energy gel of your choice) with you if needed. Aid stations are located approximately every 2 miles. For exact locations, please see the RunFest All Races Combo Map.
Two medical tents will be available to runners, one at the start/finish and one at Westchester Lagoon. Medical personnel will patrol the entire course and provide medical support as well as transportation for injured runners.
Race Tip: Write your full name, age and emergency contact person and phone number on the back of your bib. It’s also a good idea to include any drug allergies or relevant medical conditions. This is vital information for medical personnel if you should become disoriented or incapacitated.
Finish Line Food
Racers' appetites were well provided for at the 2016 finish.
- Beanitos: healthy protein laden chips made from beans
- Clear Alaskan Glacial: bottled water, made in Alaska
- Food Should Taste Good: GMO free chips and crackers
- Franz Bakery: grilled cheese sandwiches
- Great Harvest Bread Company: thick slices of freshly baked bread
- Humpy's Great Alaskan Ale House: fresh fruit
Post-race massages were offered by the following in 2016:
- Captain Cook Athletic Club - Chair Massages
- Massage Envy
- Natural Health Center
- United Physical Therapy
Broken Tooth Brewing will provide a beer garden in Town Square Park exclusively for runners 21 and over. Those planning to partake in this well-deserved post-race treat must have a valid ID card on their person as well as their race bib. No one, no matter how old you are, will be admitted to the beer garden without proper ID.
Post Race Showers
The Hotel Captain Cook has invited runners to shower at the athletic club after the race. The club is located on the lower level of the Hotel, just show your bib at the desk. 939 W. 5th Avenue.