Become A Sponsor
August 17, 2017 - Movie Night
August 18, 2017 - Health and Fitness Expo
August 19, 2017 ‐ Kids 2K, The Anchorage Mile, Family Health and Safety Day; Health and Fitness Expo, Pasta Feed
August 20, 2017 ‐ 49K Ultra, Marathon, Marathon Walk, Marathon Relay, Half Marathon, 5K
The Anchorage RunFest has been a staple event in the Anchorage community since 2008. Over the past few years, the race has evolved from a small running event into a world‐class marathon affair attracting runners from across the globe. The RunFest has become a much‐loved event in the Anchorage community and it is thanks to community member support that we have been able to realize our mission of encouraging a healthy lifestyle through running and exercise.
The Anchorage Running Club is a 501(c)(3) not‐for‐profit organization. Funds raised by the RunFest help support the club's mission to promote a healthy lifestyle through running and exercise. The RunFest is the main fundraiser for the ARC. The strength of the ARC and the success of the RunFest rely on the support and partnership of the Anchorage community.
Where Some of Our Funds Go
- College scholarships
- Kids' 2K - free registration
- High school athletic programs
- Support for other community events and programs that promote a healthy lifestyle
- Free ARC member runs at the Alaska Sports Dome
Community Support Has Made ARF a Success!
- 98.5% of participants surveyed said they would recommend ARF to a friend.
- 68.2% of participants surveyed said they planned on participating in ARF again.
- 59% of participants are women.
- 41% of participants are men.
- The median age of women is 39.
- The median age of men is 41.
- 75% of participants were from Alaska. Of those, 69% were from the Anchorage area.
- 24% of race participants were from the Lower 48.
- 1% of race participants were from foreign countries.
We are always appreciative of sponsor support to help defray some of the costs associated with putting on this event and to enable us to keep registration fees low. These fees do not cover the entire cost of putting on a race of this size. For 2017, the estimated costs are $250,000.
We welcome sponsorship of any size and offer opportunities to fit every budget either in cash or in‐kind donations. ARC appreciates the community support to realize its mission.
Major Costs Associated with Anchorage RunFest
- Police and Traffic Control
- Traffic Signs and Barricades
- Trail Usage Fees ($2 per runner)
- Aid Stations
- Finish Line and Race Day Operations
- Equipment and Sound
- Facilities and Truck Rental
- Advertising and Marketing
- Pasta Feed
- Registration and Timing
- Finisher Medals
- Volunteer Apparel
Partner With Us
ARF proudly recognizes all sponsors, partners and supporters. We advertise ARF through a variety of media sources and actively participate in social media. We are always open to new ideas and will be happy to discuss other ways to promote and acknowledge your sponsorship.
Gold: $5,000 + (includes in‐kind)
Silver: $3,000+ (includes in-kind)
Bronze: $2,000+ (includes in-kind)
Supporting: Under $2,000 (includes in-kind)
- 2017 Race Sponsors for the following individual races have been confirmed: 49K Ultra, marathon, half marathon, 5K, and the Kids' 2K.
- 2017 Event Sponsors have been determined for the following: Movie Night; and Pasta Feed.
- 2017 Events which remain available for sponsorship inlclude: Anchorage RunFest Health & Fitness Expo; and Family Health and Safety Day.
Download a pdf file of the 2017 sponsorship handout for your use.
Please contact the RunFest Race Director to discuss sponsorship opportunities.